Friday, June 13, 2008

Country Retreat- pt II


Second day in the country retreat, we woke up around 10am and ready for our driving trip to Mount Beauty..aka Mount Jo Beauty!... Adrian cooked breakkie that morning. We had yummy toast and stew… country style. After breakfast, we drove to the motel where Mars and Mandy are staying with the kids. Our convoy took us to long and windy roads…to the town of Bright. The town center is quite similar to Beechworth, very touristy. In fact Bright is much bigger and picturesque. It's incredibly a beautiful winter day. Not too freezing cold.

We stayed there for a few hours. We went to the Bright Brewery… We ( especially Dec) are not really beer drinker…although beer is very aussie thing to do…haha…I just cant stand the smell and the malty taste…yuck! They have 4 different signature beers. I picked the Belgian beer with hint of raisins that tastes really good….Dec however picked the one with the coffee and chocolate infused…that tastes horrible. He can't even drink half a glass.

We caught up with Con and his new girlfriend at the brewery. Con is Beatty's friend with attitude issue.. I don't really know him but the impression that he made that day, I was thankful that I don't know him. They started talking about US politics, about Barack Obama and his middle name is Hussein…Con conceitedly made a comment that muslims are terrorists…I was keeping quiet until I cant take it anymore….

"I'm a bloody muslim…then I must be a terrorist! " hehehe… suddenly everyone was quiet. A moment of silence… until Mars crack a joke and we all laughed. Con still eager to talk about politics that made me sick!...I told Dex to go with me for a walk instead. We stroll down the river until we hit the town and walk back to the brewery.

Leaving Bright, we drove up to Mount Beauty. Its amusing to see the top of the mountains are bulldozed as they prepare for snow. They're all dark brown now…no sign of snowing yet. The scenery is magnificent. Beautiful pictures of mountains greenery with sheep, cows, horses and alpacas. We made a pitstop at Bogong Estate Cellar, the winemaker Bill Tynan was there attending to our questions. We all had tasting of his pinot noir. I am not a big fan of the red from there. I find it quite harsh and no lingering flavor. I love red as much as I love white wines but not all winemakers are good. Some might think that they can bottle them and gave fancy names it will be a hit but frankly it doesn't work that way!....

After the wine stop, we drive back to Yackandandah. Its late afternoon, we decided to have a rest and shower. Adrian took us to the local pub for dinner. The food is amazing. I had chicken parma and chips. Yummy! After dinner they decided to hang out at the back of the pub. There is a pool table and a juke box. Jo start playing 80s hit wonders and we played pool. I'm really bad a this game especially when I am not wearing glasses. Haha…. Dec amazed everyone with his technique that even I don't know…. Haha.. He is a pool pro!

We stayed until 11 am….went back home and played poker!...haha… now I know how to play this game! Thanks to facebook poker tournament!

Next morning we packed and drive home. I slept all the way home and we reached Melbourne at 3pm…just in time to chill and ready for the week. Our country retreat is officially over. Thanks to Adrian and Jo for their hospitality! Mwah Mwah!!!

3 comments:

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

wahhhh what a good holiday ehhh... :)

Unknown said...

Good on ya..stand up to yourself! Some people are just plain thick or ignorant...:)

Otherwise, what a great outdoor retreat eh? :)

JettMcQ said...

Eddie - Yep..it was a great holiday..hehe very relaxing

Lee- hehe..mana nak tahan telinga... I cant believe how stupid one can be. haha...:)