Saturday, May 10, 2008

This Aint Gonna Be Easy...

Hmmm.. its the weekend again. I had done nothing interesting for months...just a normal blah routine of work..home..work but lately I have been quite busy busting my nuts with other arrangements...not even have any spare time to update my blogs...
1) I went to an interview with Glotel Recruitment ( a'ah uolss..1st time i heard the name...Glotel macam jenama lube aje..atau Gentel..kata eddie )...and of course..someone with no recruitment background..the interview is very tough!... the guy who interviewed me selamba kering aja buat lawak bodo..." I feel so tall meeting you today" boleh?? makes me felt smaller that I am! Bastard!!.. He asked me all the questions about the company and why I want to work with them... Honestly...I was very excited about the interview...but when I stepped into the dark, quiet, unGlowing Glotel...I have doubt that I'd be happy working there... and sure enough I did teribbly in the interview! One of the worst that I have ever been.
Got a call from James my recruiter...
James : Hi Jett, I got the feedback from yesterday...Its not a good news. Sorry but you're not shortlisted to the 2nd interview
Me : Sigh!...Okay,,I expected it. The interview wasn't very good.
James : Can I ask you if you do any research at all about Glotel? Cos according to him you have no idea about the company.
Me : Of course I did my research but he also have to know that I have no recruitment background and to bombard me with how they operate in detail and what makes them different from other company is out of the question. Mind you, he wasn't very friendly either.
James : Hmm... hope its a good input for you on how to handle tough interviews next time.
Me : Of course...( dalam hati...babi punya Glotel..cakap aku tak buat research!)..I certainly will take it on board...hope this doesnt stop you from pursuing my interest for other opportunity.
Hmm... I said goodbye and hang up. Oh well... i am dissapointed but feels allright that i didnt get the interview with Glotel... Its a dull lifeless company...really NOT ME...
After the bad news.. the phone rang again... "Hey...Jett its Paula from Dowrick Recruitment..Could I have a word with you?...."
I got another interview with Paula from Dowrick...from the company's profile...it looks great! Nice people...friendly faces....hmm...wish me luck on this one!!!! Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

owhhh dear... be strong ok!! i bet there will be lot more opportunity for you... :)