Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mishap at home...

My sis texted me this morning " Along, Rumah abah kena rompak" I was stunned...and angry at the same time. I called home and my dad answered... both of them are okay. Apparently they came in around 11 pm...3 guys armed with knives. My mom is still awake at the time... they cut the front grill with metal cutter, blast the door with gas. Hearing the clatter… My mom quickly ran to her room but they blasted the door knob too... the two guys tied both my mom and dad up and began searching for valuables... they took mom's jewelries and cash… both of them loss around $20,000 last night.

I was furious… I hated my village…the village that used to be the safest place on earth that I knew… When I was a kid…Its safe to roam the kampung at night, to left the door open when we’re having tea to let the sea breeze in… We live in harmony… most of us are related anyway…there is no crime. Well... a little misdemeanor caused by local druggies but not as serious as this... they will be too drugged fucked to rob someone's house anyway!


Now..the sea breeze is gone… the government had developed the area… building modern Port of Tanjung Pelepas, massive urban projects…and brought in fucking Indonesian workers! Look…. I have nothing against Indonesian…but these people are the culprits for last night mishap! And what action that the local police took? Just fill up some stupid form… filed it and go back to their station and sit on their fat arse!... Our country is changing… it becoming like Indonesia and India… I began to feel… we’re not any better… we are the 3rd world country… like it or not.

I am somehow glad that my mom and dad are safe, money can belongings can be replaced…but not life. Last month I did asked them to install alarm system to the house in case things like this happens…but my dad was too late and too ignorance (sorry dad..its the truth)… now the villagers are thinking to set up “Rukun tetangga” (village patrol) again. I wish I were home to ensure the alarm will be installed as soon as possible… no one can make changes in my family except me… and I expect nothing from the police and Malaysian government for our safety… not a thing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God... your family!!! Tu lah kan..you have heard so many things these days about rompakan, rogolan, penculikan etc in M'sia...it's not safe anymore (but I am sure safer than UK!!!!)

Thank God your parents are safe...

Entahlah, nak cakap pun susah..dalam dalm nak membangun ni, kenalah jugak bawak pekerja asing tapi jgn pakai bawak je..tengok tengoklaa rekod jenayah diorang kan??? Orang kita pun sama, suka memilih kerja kot... hmmmm

I just hope my village is still as safe as it was.....

have a gr8 weekend uols!

JettMcQ said...

ya loorr...i dont think anywhere is safe.. i rasa kena pindah my family dalam balai polis kampung la macam nih...