Friday, April 25, 2008

Anzac Cookies...

Its Anzac day today... It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. It means that all the TV channel will be featuring marches, paying tribute to the soldier that fought during the 1914 war, the 8000 that were killed and the ones that still alive til today.

There will be dawn service this morning, there will be a parade in the city and then they will drink and play the game called 2 up.. where they flip the coins and see which side is up twice...while having more beer i mean!.... geez..they sure knows how to party.... LOL

For me, its another Australian public holiday. The street were quiet, mind you living on St Kilda Road is heaven when its public holiday like this. Hmmm... I called my mother again last night. She is allright... but my dad was traumatized. Yes... dad will take it harder than mom. Like any other occasions... And trust me..If I turn around and say "Guys! I'm Gay"... Mum will say "What have you done to yourself?" and Dad will burst in tears...never spoke to me again!. But thats another story!...

Happy Anzac Day everyone!!!


1 comment:

:: cheezzy cheese :: said...

nak mampos uol nk bg tau parents sapa hang? **mak pitam dulu uol..