Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mardi Gras Trip - part 1

Hi uolll.... sorry i have been MIA for awhile.... Its hard to adjust back to working after my time off for 6 days. So...what has happened thru out March??? Fucking partying all day....
Welcome to Sydney Mardi Gras 30th Anniversary....a spectacular event held annually in Sydney to celebrate the diversity, fabulosity and trashbagrity of Gay, Lesbians, Homos, Bi-Curious, TransNational community. So like other gay guys...I am very excited to wait for Mardi Gras.. been torturing myself at the gym..to have the arms..nice hot bod..to take my top off at the dancefloor...( how shallow)
Hehehe...our journey starts on Thursday.... Dex arranged Eddie the driver to pick us up in a Fairlane ( supposedly a Chrysler!! damnit).. from home to the airport with Marky. Flying Virgin Blue on staff travel sometimes can be good...but other can be a trip to remember....
Uolls... flying from Mel-Syd takes about 1 hour...a hassle free trip when u have your Ipod and inflight mags.... but think again!! Not on this one lah...
Since staff travel you really cant choose where u sit... Lucky enough we got 3 seats in a row...but Marky got bumped out to the other end...leaving me and Dec on the other half. Sitting next to me is this Vietnamese lady in her 20's with a baby!! A crying screaming compact machine... after 10 mins the plane took off...the baby boy started to cry!...the Vietnamese woman..lets call her "V" asked me..
V : Halloo... do u speak Vietnam?? (hehe..with a vietnamese accent)
Me : Sorry??... oh no... I am Malaysian... No speak vietnamese...
V: Can you help me ( while generously hand off his Crying Bomb Baby to me!!! Yikes!!)
Me : Okay... ( Still in awe of the gift.... and she left for merely 20mins....while this thing keeps on screaming on my lap! )
So V just easily hand over her kid to me...which makes me thinking...She dont even know who I am... what if i do bad things to her baby?? What if i stuffed this screaming thing in the overhead compartment??? ( i was thinkin abt it) .... haha....
She came back with a bottle of baby formula...feed the bastard and then lucki lly he's asleep. I noticed that V drank the leftover of the baby formula....I started to think...thats weird and something going to happens next...
Sydney weather that day is not as happy as mardi gras. Its pouring down rain and sydney airport is closed for 20 mins... Virgin plane have to circle the airways for about 30mins before been granted to land. Its still thunderstorm outside when we land in the water infested runway! I was sooo scared and so as the other passengers.... It wasnt a smooth landing as the pilot hit it so hard so the plane wont skid....Phew...
The bumpy ride has drawned V to feel a bit "queezie".. while we waited for the door to open... she reached out for the barfbag!!...she asked me to take care of her stuff while she scoot to the toilet..Lucky she took the baby with her....I would say NO on holding it again..lesson learnt!
Soon after a trolley dolly came up to us
TD : Excuse me sir...I think your wife is throwing up at the back!
Me: Ahhh...Do I look like a Husband?? I am not....Sorry...
Fuckk!! Dont I dressed gay enough to tell her
1) I am Gayyyy! wayyy gay then Gloria Gaynor
2) I hate kids...so that couldn't be my wife with baby cos I would drowned them way before Mardi Gras...
So... thats my exciting trip on Virgin Blue that day... Oh... and when we reached Sydney...we have to wait for another 45 mins to collect our luggage.... Bronwyn pick us up and took us to the Apartment that we rented for the whole week... in Chinatown...Marky Asian boy heaven!
Xoxo.. TBC...

No comments: