Monday, August 4, 2008

Pro and CONS!!!

Hmmm.... now its been a week since I've used the so over-hyped iPhone... Really.. I got them more cos I'm curious about this device...so call the BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD!... Here are my findings

PRO :)

1) Its has a massive screen...streaming YouTube on a mobile phone never looked so crystal clear...

2) My Gmail on the go! Loving it how I can easily look up my mail..open PDF files and scroll thru my plane tickets on the screen.

3) Easy connected to WIFI...it automatically connects to my wifi at home once i step in my door.

4) Great pic quality for 2Mp...yeah...and I can blog it straight away!

5) Can add up applications, the possibility is endless as long as I prepare to spend some money on iTunes...

6) I have my ipod, camera, phone, calendar, gps in one handy device.

7) SMS function that looks like balloons, love it cos I can track sms from one person to another....very smart.

8) Zoom in and zoom out screen very accurately. I can zoom in almost everything..from pictures to websites...can copy a photo from web directly to the phone.

9) Maps, Safari and Geotagging works amazingly together... looking for a restaurant? just google the name, find it and then the Google Maps will pin it for you...and find u the way!

10) Software update and back up phone data really easy as it sync with iTunes almost everytime you plug in.

 

Now the CONS :(

1) Cant sms while walking cos its really hard to hit the correct keys...to Eddie..yes..this one cant sms while driving either!!

2) Too many tap functions..sometimes it took me awhile to work out how to key in new things..e.g budgets and stuff.

3) Keeps on saying "Network Lost" on my 3 network...needs to configure manually to go Roaming and will take ages to search for network. The signal strength is sooooo poor that its keeps on lost in space....

4) Ring volume not loud enuff, 1 small speaker only. What a shame..and since Ringtones can only be purchased via iTunes and Australian version dont have any yet, I'm stuck with the shit standard ones.

5)  Bluetooth doesn't wanna talk to anything else! can't transfer files or photos taken from the phone to anyone..Can only receive things via iTunes ( this is a big bummer for me)

6) Freezes on me twice this week...luckily we can RESTORE phone via iTunes but then have to spend 30mins transferring all the shit back to the phone. Waste of Time

7) Big...yeah..I love motorola v9 cos its slim and sexy...now I'm carrying a Flat Screen TV...oh and its glossy finish attracts fingerprints and scratches...I hate casings...and I rarely drop my phones.

8) No streaming or downloading iTunes on the go!...WTF?? Just YouTube works...I cant access Mobile TV from Planet3...the only thing I can do is check my account usage and some other limited functions. So whats the use of having 2Gb download from my plan anyway?? damnit!!!

9) cant be used as a MODEM...Means when I am back in KL..I have to bring my keycard or Nokia N95 8Gb to be used as a modem... HMm...back to Nokia.. the faithful one...

10) I have to be a Vodafone customer for 4 months!!!! Yikesssss!!!

Hmm.. thats what I can find...will update with more goss and gross abt this phone.... ciaoooo!!

***Techy Jett****

3 comments:

Zero said...

Hahaha, you shoulda talk to me, the iphone fanboy..hahahah i could easily refute most of the cons you listed there... you wanna hear? ok here goes:

4) you can get away from buying/purchasing ringtones with a small adjustment to the mp3 files... detail is here. Once you get around to use it you'll be rocking with new ringtones. I am happy with some gayest ringtones around..hahaha..the link for the instruction is http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html

5) bluetooth is only enabled by apple to be used for calling. And that's it, I dont know why thats the case, but one thing for sure is, they dont want music to be transfered wireless, it has to use itunes to transfer music.

6) iPhone freezing!!! Yeh it does happen, many people said the software used aren't that stable yet, especially the applications. You don't have to hit RESTORE everytime that happens. Just press the HOME button and SLEEP/WAKE button at the same time for 10 secs, it will turn off. You just turn it on again with SLEEP/WAKE button.

7) Well, size matters for me, especially to view the games/animations/videos. Guess you have to give in some things...

8) I guess the reasons why 3 couldn't get access to iPhone is because they can't agreements with Apple for the Planet 3 contents, hopefully with 3 iphone plans, we'll get access to it one day.

9) Actually you can use it as a modem. There is an application called Netshare that would enable internet connection to your modem. I havn't tried yet, and thats prob because my 500MB data only. Sob Sob.

One major downside I found is the text-unfriendly. I found it is really tedious to SMS especially to a foreign language, like Bahasa. I constantly need to press 'x', and you can't turn off the automatic word correction, ultimately they will learn new words, but it takes time. sigh.. But apart from that, I am loving it, especially the applications making them more than just a phone i guess.

Rain said...

am getting that for me and him.....hahaha should i???

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

hmmm...the con's sounds a bit off ehh?? but look at the bright side.. kekeke..... anyway as long as it functions good.. i dont forsee it should not be good.. anyway its a kewl thing to have!!!