Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New York!! New York!!



What do I say about the Big Apple? It’s massive, crowded, and busy and never sleeps. New York is amazing! When we landed in JFK airport, Virgin America terminal, I have booked a Lincoln town car to pick us up and took us to our apartment on Upper West 78th Street. I was so excited as like most gay boys… pretending to lead the icon Carrie Bradshaw life with Mr. Big… been chauffeured around in the luxury black Lincoln.

After collecting our luggage, we can’t find the driver. I called the company and been told to look for a SUV. I was devastated and angry. Where’s my fucking Lincoln?

Me: Hi, I don’t see the limo that supposed to pick us up… This is our booking number.

Asian Guy on the Phone: Oh! Our Lincoln broke down sir. So we send you a SUV instead. We still charge you the same price for the SUV although it should really be more expensive.

Me: I don’t want a SUV. I booked for a Lincoln!

By this time it started to rain and I don’t really want to be stuck in JFK with our bags. The driver just sat inside this beat up SUV and not even acknowledging us waiting at the passenger pick up.

Driver: Hey ya’ll. I’ve been waiting for 20 mins. Don’t you know what an SUV look like?

Me: I know how a SUV look like. But I asked for a Lincoln! I don’t need a SUV…. I don’t have a whole family to ride on this damn thing!


Driving from JFK to Manhattan took more than 1 hour. The freeways and road signs reminds me of Kuala Lumpur, especially the Queens area. Very Ghetto... As we reached Manhattan, the scenery got so much better. I saw a designer labels outlets everywhere.


Karen’s apartment is a beautiful brownstone building, just like you see in Sex & the City. Quiet and beautiful street. We met Karen, the owner. She was very friendly and helpful. Our room is a beautiful and quaint. Older style and quite comfortable.

Unpacked and ready to explore New York!!!


No comments: