Thursday, July 10, 2008

My First Time & Her Last...

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

I did something for the 1st time today... and it was not as bad as I expected. I fire someone... see ya..tata...to one of my casual staff member that ended her probation at work with a dismissal.

I felt sorry for her, especially when she start burst out tears. Firing is worst than hiring... I did use appropriate words, give feedback and recommendation...making sure she's not taking the news as bad.

Luckily enuff she was expecting it coming. She knows sales is not her flair. I was honest. I told her I dont see her excel in the role now nor the future. I suggest her to try retail that doesn't involve pitching sales or customer service. I hope she took it as a positive comment.

After the 15 minutes of awkwardness, everything has been told, I said...lets change the topic- cut the drama... lets talk about her upcoming holiday to New Zealand.... at least that cheered her a little bit.

I don't know what will happen to her. Her life is what she wanted it to be...but for the business point of view...I did what I had to do... I wish her well and good luck!

No comments: